THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY UNDERSTANDING YOUR ACUPUNCTURE HEALTH RECORD INFORMATION
Each time you visit our clinic a record is made of your visit.
Typically this record contains your health history, current symptoms, examination results, oriental medicine diagnosis and treatment plans.
This information serves as:
- A basis for planning your care and treatment.
- A legal document describing the care you received, written in a format appropriate to Acupuncture, Shiatsu and Chinese Herbal Medicine.
- A tool to assess the appropriateness and quality of the care you receive
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FEDERAL PRIVACY STANDARD
Although your health record is the physical property of this clinic, you have certain rights with regard to the information contained therein. You have the right to:
- Request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your health information for treatment, payment, and health care operations. This right does not include those required by law, for example mandatory reporting of communicable diseases like tuberculosis.
- You may ask us to communicate with you by alternative means and, if the method is reasonable, we must grant the request.
- You have a right to receive and keep a copy of this notice of information practices. If you do request a copy, the law requires us to ask you to acknowledge receipt of your copy.
- You have the right to inspect and copy your health information upon request. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable, cost-based fee for making copies.
- You have the right to request a correction of your health information unless we did not create the record or if the record is accurate and complete.
- You have the right to obtain an accounting of non-routine uses or disclosures.
- You have the right to revoke authorization to use or disclose your health information at any time.
WITH THE REGULATORY CONSENT GRANTED BY THE HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES DEPARTMENT WE MAY USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION FOR TREATMENT, PAYMENT AND OPERATIONS.
- Lynn Teo, LAc can use your personal health information to diagnose, plan and implement the best course of treatment for you.
- Lynn Teo, LAc may also use you health information to receive payment from a third party payer, for example Workers Compensation, if applicable and appropriate.
- In your best interest, Lynn Teo, LAc may use your health information for quality assurance purposes to assess the care and outcome of your case and the competence of the acupuncturist.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY UNDER THE FEDERAL PRIVACY STANDARD
In addition to providing you your rights, the federal privacy standard requires this clinic to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information, including implementing reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect the information.
- Provide you with this notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to individually identifiable health information that we collect and maintain about you.
- Abide by the terms of this notice.
It is our company policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
We may collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use its website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors who choose to interact with our company in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Get Clear Consulting gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Get Clear Consulting may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, this company does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, this site uses "Cookies", similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.